Your Home Maintenance Checklist for Autumn
There are a lot of things you’ll want to do to your home in the autumn to make sure you’re ready for the winter.
Doing these things will save you money from costly repairs due to damage from the harsh winter weather. So here’s your home maintenance checklist for fall.
Print out this maintenance to-do list for your autumn tasks this year. And potentially save yourself a fortune and a ton of headaches by being proactive.
- Check the gutters (clean out debris like leaves and check for any holes or problems which might make drainage a problem).
- Check the roof for any loose tiles and corroded flashing, or leaky vents.
- Check your driveway and repair cracks or damage now before they become an even bigger problem later.
- Drain outdoor taps and irrigation systems.
- Ensure pipes are well insulated to prevent burst pipes.
- Make sure you know where the water shut off valve is if you need to turn water off to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Check the furnace filter and have it professionally cleaned, so when you’re ready to use it you don’t have to worry about it not working properly.
- Clean the ducts of your heating system.
- Get the chimney swept and make sure the chimney’s flue has a tight seal when closed.
- Get your humidifier ready. Replace the filters and check the plates and pads to ensure everything runs efficiently.
- Do you have a wood stove? Now’s a great time to inspect it.
- Check to make sure your smoke alarms are working properly. Now’s a good time to replace batteries.
- Caulk any holes you see in walls and put weather stripping around the windows and doors to keep the warm air in and cold air out.
- Change out screens for storm windows and storm doors.
- Repair any loose or damaged window frames or door frames.
- Do a general clean up around the house. Remove old newspapers and leftover hazardous material – get this stuff out of the house now.
- Prepare the lawn for the winter by raking, fertilizing, and cutting it.
- Prepare your garden for the winter. This includes pruning your trees and shrubs, and trimming tree limbs that are dangerously close to power lines.
- Check your loft insulation and make sure it’s not covering any vents or eaves of the house.
- Check the vents in the ridges and eaves of the house to make sure they are clear of debris, like leaves and bird poo.
- If you have cat flap, make sure it’s working right. You don’t want any nasty rodents looking for a nice warm place to rest its head during the cold winter months.
- Check on your torch. Make sure the bulbs are good and you have fresh batteries in them.
Final Thoughts on Protecting Your Home Before Winter Comes…
Following this simple checklist should help keep you safe this winter and keep your home safe as well.
By fixing it now, you won’t be scrambling so much or having to deal with a costly furnace repair in the dead of winter.
Treat yourself to a bum gun. You'll never look back
Haven't used unhygienic poop smearing toilet paper for 20 years. Treat yourself to a bum gun. You'll never look back. Toilet paper is only used for dabbing dry.
Thank me later, Dave
Females: The bum gun is way softer on your private bits
The bum gun bidet sprayer is the way to go in my opinion. The bum gun is way softer on your private bits. Better than scraping with toilet paper, and much cheaper in the long term. I love my bumgun! Especially useful for females who need extra special hygiene help at certain times of the month. Great service from this company and especially impressed by their unbelievable attention to detail and follow up. I can see this company is ultra serious about looking after their customers.
Jennie, New Southgate, N14
The Bum Gun Australia
I found the service to be amazing and the UK supplier was very helpful and obliging. The product appears to be very good quality and should suit our purpose admirably. We are overseeing the building of a new home for a friend and have recommended they use the product also and would certainly recommend anybody wishing to include these in their home or office contact this supplier who is very well versed in the application and use of this product.
Brian Barker, Cooroy QLD
Not only a Bidet Sprayer but much more
We have in our establishment 5 Bum Guns and we and our customers love them. We have 3 in the guest toilets and they are used daily by dozens of customers, one in the kitchen and one in the bar. They save our time, and very useful with many jobs. Money well spent as they make our job easier and our customers’ bums cleaner. Thanks to the bum gun.
Paolo, Mamma Mia Italian Restaurant
Massive personal hygiene breakthrough
I was familiar already with the Asian style bidet sprayer and a convert from the start. When I came across the BumGun Company on returning to the UK I did not hesitate to order two sets. They are a winner in every sense. Smart in appearance, adding style but above all comfortable and super hygienic to use while at the same time offering a massive saving on the use of toilet rolls.
This simple piece of kit is truly amazing but not as amazing as the timidity of the UK public to embrace the idea.
“THE BUM GUN IS SIMPLE COMMON SENSE”
If anyone has a family, business or any commercial premises, they’d be wise to get this device of the century installed. Honestly, this is probably the best product I’ve purchased for a long time. It truly is a life changer. Hygiene is important for my family and my employees, and should be for you too. The Bum Gun paid for itself in about 2 months. So you’d be crazy not to get one installed in every bathroom. Thanks Bum Gun you really have an amazing product.
High Quality Equipment
Excellent hands on experience. Very well informed staff. They made the whole process easy and explained each step as best they could. Ordering was easy and payment went through without a glitch as the product is sold as a whole, with accessories if needed. They have videos you can watch that help you to install the item yourself, without the extra cost of a plumber. They followed up at each phase and made sure I’m happy with the product. It would be nice if they had their own plumbers because not everyone knows what or how to get to their pipes. On the plus side, I got a lot of email advice from the company owner on how to tackle the problem myself. Excellent job guys.
Very cool product!
"The Bum Gun works fine, is very convenient, and much better at cleaning than using toilet paper! I would not live without it now..."
Great- not sure why everyone doesn't have one
This is a great product, and when installed works really well.
A little research will be needed to make sure that the product is easily installed on an Australian plumbing system as there seems to be some variation on the connection types.
I think once this is sorted out there will be nothing stopping it from storming the world.
The Bottom Line!
Well used to using similar products as we have second home in India, where they are widely used. In terms of quality, this is an excellent product and the customer service received was exceptional. Just be careful to check that your cold water pressure is not too low but do not be concerned about the temperature of the water being too cold, that is not a problem.
Cannot recommend the Bum Gun too highly!